Prepare a mooring line on the deck of the vessel and make one end fast
- Approach the Mara Buoy Static
- Pick up the eye
- Pass the bitter end of the line through the eye
- Secure the line back on board the vessel
- Once the vessel has settled to the mooring, the line can be adjusted for length
To use the Mara Buoy Dynamic simply pick up the mooring line, pass it through a fairlead and place the loop over the deck cleat.
With the Dynamic, the mooring line is weighted and in calm conditions the mooring line will slowly retract. On certain yachts, where the cleat is not adjacent to the fairlead, the yacht and buoy can be pulled together. In this case, it is recommended that the mooring eye is positioned just inboard of the fair lead and a warp inserted between the mooring line and cleat.
This can be done at leisure once the mooring has been established.
- Approach the Mara Buoy
- Pick up rope eye on Mara Buoy
- Place on deck cleat